Monday, December 19, 2011

How Many Chicken Rice Can One Eat in 3 Days? Part One - Yet Con

Hainanese Chicken Rice is one of the most eat food when one travels to Singapore. Since it is quite affordable, I decided to eat as much as possible with every chance I get.

My first stop is Yet Con Hainanese Chicken Rice.

Yet Con has been around since 1940s and have been serving the same style of Chicken Rice since then. According to purist, Yet Con is the traditional and original Hainanese Style.

I was a little antsy when I saw the deco of Yet Con. I believe that it must have been in business for over 70 years and it is as old school as one can get. But at least, it is Air Conditioned, a luxury as compare to hawker centres. Trust me, you would appreciate that when it is 40 C + with humidity!



So what so unique about Yet Con's Chicken? According to CNN's website, Instead of hanging the chickens up after cooking, they are put on enamel plates to prevent the juice from dripping, so that the flavors are retained.





The chicken here is really lean with no trace of fat, the leanness of the chicken does make the meat a tad dry. However, I would say it is quite flavoured... flavour of the chicken?


I do really enjoy the rice, which has great flavour and quite savoy!

Sadly, I enjoyed the rice and the condiments more than the chicken itself..... 



Yet Con is worth visiting just for their old school vibe!


Yet Con Chicken Rice Restaurant
25 Purvis Street, Singapore



No comments:

Post a Comment