Monday, December 19, 2011

Lunch Special at Gunther's!

No matter where I am, I always have this thing about Lunch Specials!

Gunther's Modern French Cuisine is one of the Top 20 restaurants in The Miele Guide with Set Dinner Menu at a price tag of SPD$ 128++. The SPD$38++ lunch set menu for sure sounded like a bargain.



Purvis Street where Gunther's located is quite interesting. The business/restaurants here has this mix of the different cuisine of traditional VS modern, new VS old, local VS international. The co existence of all these restaurants is just how Singapore is as a whole.



Gunther's is smallish with just a handful of tables so reservations is highly recommended.







There are a couple of choices for Appetizer and Main, and  I decided on the following:

Green Asparagus with Ravioli Foie Gras - I just could not resist when I saw foie gras on the menu
The sauce really complimented the Foie Gras as I cleaned my dish with the warm baguette. The asparagus was cooked perfectly with just the right crunch.



Oven roasted cod, béarnaise sauce - I found it is just OK, average the most. The Tempura vegetables lack the crispness and off the fryer freshness.



Dessert of the Day - Earl Grey Pudding - which is really really good! Light, Smooth and with just the right amount of sweetness!



Petite Four



Cappuccino



The Chef also gave me a taste of their Cold Angel Hair Pasta with Oscietra Caviar - All I can say is CAVIAR! This suppose to be their signature appetizer and I have to say it is Excellent!! Refreshing and light and  Truffle Oil!! CAVIAR!!




Services is attentive and professional.

Great Food! Great Value! Lunch Specials ROCKS!

One of the best meals I have in Singapore until ........... Iggy's!

Gunther's Modern French Cuisine
Address: 36 Purvis Street, Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment