Monday, December 19, 2011

My Home in Singapore - Ibis Bencoolen

Ibis Bencoolen was not my first choice for hotel in Singapore.



I was planning to use my SPG points to stay at Sheraton Towers near Orchid Road but decide against it solely on the reason that it does not offer complimentary WIFI access. I personally think that WIFI should be a standard amenities in all hotels, especially hotels at this price point.

Ibis Bencoolen is centrally located. Within walking distance of a lot of attractions and most of the places I want to visit is only a few MRT stations away.

- Bugis Junction with shopping and restaurants


 

















 - MRT Station: Bugis EW12















- Bugis Village (where I find one of the reasons why I want to come to Singapore!)















- Albert Hawker Centre (beats boring Hotel breakfast any day!)




















The room is on the smallish size... but sizable compare to some of the hotel I stayed in Paris or Tokyo.

The facilities though is minimum, no gym, no swimming pool. There is a restaurant/bar on premise that offers Breakfast/Set Dinner and Happy Hour.




















The facilities I really appreciate is the in house self serve laundry facilities!!! I have a suitcase of freshly laundered clothes by the time I ready to leave for Bangkok!

If I am visiting Singapore in the future, I will definitely stay at Ibis Bencoolen again!

Ibis Singapore Bencoolen
Address: 170 Bencoolen Street, Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment